Saturday, September 22, 2007

On missing my flight...

I missed my flight and was really bummed while waiting on standby for the next flight. But apparently if you miss your flight, you get bumped up to first class on the next flight out. Google search for images of Virgin Atlantic upper class, and picture me in one of the seats and that's how it went.

Flight was amazingly comfortable. Met a few people in line, watched Ocean's 13, had a 4-course dinner with a Heineken, converted my seat into a bed to sleep for a few hours, watched The Namesake during breakfast, and checked out of Heathrow under VIP classification. Pictures will come up as soon as I can upload, my friends.

It took me about 45 minutes to get to my hostel through the tube system, but I'm alive, jet-lagged, and ready to explore. More than that though, I think I've already found what I set out to look for: getting past the fear and anxiety of not knowing what to expect and where to go at each transition.

No comments: