Saturday, October 6, 2007

Berlin, Munich, and Florence (Part 1)

I'm writing this in the hostel basement with Florentinian traffic whizzing overhead. Not exactly the most serene of places to write an entry, but I better get this out quick so I can hop on a train to Rome.

After my stay in Brussels, I headed out to Berlin via night train. Couldn't get a sleeper train, so I got another uncomfortable night's worth of sleep in a standard second class seat. I chatted with a Palestinian primary physician living in London before stepping out and getting promptly lost. I eventually found my way to my hostel after learning ze underground. From there, I dropped off my things, met Ofer and Jess, and we walked around town from there. There was also a marathon that day, so we got to see a bit of that before we went to the Jewish Museum, to the top of the Daimler-Chrysler building using the fastest lift in Europe that offered a ...

Hold on, people are waiting to use this thing, so I'll continue this in Rome!

No comments: