Saturday, October 6, 2007

Berlin, Munich, and Florence (Part 2)

Ok, I have about 15 minutes to try and cram my past few days before this hostel starts charging me for internet use. On top of all that, I had some wine. And by some I mean too much. In any case, the story continues:

... panoramic view of the city. From there, it was the Berlin wall, Holocaust Memorial, and then to Brandenburg Gate where the marathon finished and where I had bratwurst, fries with mayo, and great beer. Next up was the Reichstag and the absolutely gorgeous spiraled walkway that leads up to another view of the city. Later that night was a pub night out with Lei, a Chinese fellow living in Oxford who finished aforementioned marathon, and Maibe and Lorazo, a Spanish set of sister and brother.

Next day was free tour day. Now Berlin at first wasn't exactly the prettiest of places, but going through this tour really opened up the city for all the history behind all the sites I saw the day before, from WWI to the reunification of East and West Germany.

Bah... time's running out. I'll try continuing this tomorrow or in Switzerland.

Cheers, all.

No comments: